The term ‘American Cruising Sails, Inc’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 1640 West 8th Street, Erie, PA 16505. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without American Cruising Sails, Inc’s prior written consent.
American Cruising Sails and Vela Bags products are shippable.
In-stock Vela Bags are usually shipped with one or two business days of the order.
Custom bags or sails will ship upon completion and final payment. Customers are notified via e-mail at the time of shipping.
American Cruising Sails ships to business and home addresses in the continental United States via the U.S. Postal Service, UPS and FedEx carriers. Shipments outside of the continental U.S. will be quoted via email, and all terms and applicable duties and taxes must be agreed to by the customer prior to shipping.
Vela Bags: $8.95 flat rate shipping to the continental U.S.
American Cruising Sails: Shipping rates are quoted by weight, destination and carrier.
Tracking numbers will provided by email when available.
A “Local Pickup” option is available at Checkout in the Vela Bags store.
Warranty, Return and Refunds Policy
American Cruising Sails
American Cruising Sails warrants that the sail will be free from defects in manufacturing, materials and workmanship to the original purchaser for one year from the date of receipt. If any defect in manufacturing, materials or workmanship should arise during the one-year warranty period, American Cruising Sails will correct the defect or, at American Cruising Sails’ discretion, replace the sail or refund the purchase price. There is no implied lifespan for our products due to the many variables that affect the products. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, neglected or modified products.
American Cruising Sails dealers are not authorized to replace American Cruising Sails products without prior approval from American Cruising Sails office. Any American Cruising Sails product to be warranted must be returned to a certified American Cruising Sails service loft for evaluation. Upon inspection, American Cruising Sails will replace the product, repair the product, credit the account, or return the product as is. American Cruising Sails cannot replace products due to incorrect sizing if the original purchaser fails to promptly inspect the sail product immediately upon receipt, and notify American Cruising Sails within sixty (60) days of an incorrect sizing problem.
If not completely satisfied, Vela Bags may be returned within sixty (60) days of receipt for a comparable exchange or a full refund of the item purchase price. Original shipping charges are non-refundable.
Contact American Cruising by email or phone for return authorization. American Cruising Sails will reimburse the customer only for pre-approved return shipping costs.
Phone: 1-814-456-SAIL (7245)
Collection of Information
American Cruising Sails, Inc collects personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill your specific request. This information is only used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Privacy Contact Information
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone: 1-814-456-SAIL (7245)
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.